The Updated Introduction to Prospect Profiles Workbook summarizes the profile search process and search techniques that form the foundation for comprehensive learning on the subject. It’s based on the techniques I have used researching prospects for organizations for more than ten years.
What’s in the Workbook
The workbook is printed and contains 49 pages of content:
- Breaks down the profile search into five distinct categories
- Provides a summary of search hints and tips for each building block of the profile
- Includes search engine search tips plus a Google advanced search tip sheet
- Contains practice exercises with detailed answers in the appendix
- Fills in the “gaps” of knowledge about public and private data and information sources
- New Chapter on Wealth Screenings and Capacity Ratings
- Glossary with more than 40 terms defined across 7 pages
Please note that this workbook is designed to accompany an instructor’s step-by-step demonstration of search to beginners. This workbook is NOT designed as stand-alone search instruction. It works best when paired with other learning opportunities, such as our Introduction to Prospect Profiles 5-week online course, your institution’s new hire training, or even workshops or conferences.
You Will Also Receive
In addition to the workbook, you also have access to these great free resources:
- Research Links Directory of the best free and fee sources
- The Profile Collection of templates and commentary available in the Resource Collections membership community
- Video on Ethics and Privacy available on YouTube
About the Author
I’m Jennifer Filla, a Prospect Researcher and Fundraiser at Aspire Research Group LLC and co-author of Prospect Research for Fundraisers: The Essential Handbook, part of the AFP/Wiley Fund Development Series. I have been a member of AFP and APRA for more than ten years.
For more than five years I have been speaking and presenting at AFP and APRA meetings and conferences. The demand for clear instruction that can be applied immediately at the fundraising office led me to launch the Prospect Research Institute.
- Cost: USD$35 + shipping
- Media: Print only
- Pages: 52 content | 58 printed
- Delivery: snail mail, 2-3 weeks for on-demand printing
For shipping questions please email inquiry to email@example.com