Did you know that March is #ResearchPride month? It is now! Helen Brown came up with the idea two years ago and this year invited prospect research bloggers and others to share the love and write-out about their #ResearchPride.
How could the Prospect Research Institute resist that siren call? The Institute was born of a desire to advocate on behalf of the profession:
- We share the knowledge by developing educational materials (free and fee).
- We encourage new ideas through course forums and the Prospect Research Perspectives magazine.
- And this year, we put money where our “mouth” is by giving students a total of $1,230 to pay for new and renewing memberships to APRA International when they enrolled in the Insider Stock and Compensation course.
It doesn’t matter what your specialty is – prospect research, relationship management, or fundraising analytics – you support your not-for-profit organization in the pursuit of its mission. Prospect research professionals make a difference in the lives of millions of people globally.
The next time you get a less than complimentary reaction to your profession, consider reacting with #ResearchPride.
When you read a news article that makes us appear “creepy” or compares us to “stalkers”, don’t get angry. Share your #ResearchPride.
Talk about how you impact the fundraising that fuels your organization’s activities. Describe the respect and admiration you have for the individuals, companies, and foundations that willingly give their wealth to the mission.
Share the love! What gives you the most #ResearchPride? Comment on this blog post or the other posts listed below. Share your #ResearchPride on social media.
Other #ResearchPride Articles
- Proud Voices in Harmony | Helen Brown
- Evolve by Getting Involved | I Could Have Missed it All | James Rygg
- Q for Research Pride Month | Preeti Gill
- #ResearchPride, Advocacy and Me | Jennifer Filla
- A letter to our Prospect Research Peeps During Prospect Research Pride Month | iWave
- Five Reasons Why My Work-Life As A Prospect Development Professional Is Totally Awesome! | Sharon Parkinson
- Research Pride | Elisa Shoenberger of APRA Illinois
- My #Research Pride | Crystal Leochko
- Prospect Development – it’s all about relationships | Sarah Conner-Smith
- If I could save time in a bottle | Sarah Bernstein
- Happy Prospect Development Pride Month! | Sabrina Latham of APRA Mid South
- I’ve Got Your Privacy. Right Here. | Mark Noll
- My Bourne Identity | Marianne Pelletier
- Out. Here. Now. | Chris Carnie
- Dear Prospect Research…I Love You! | Stephen Lambert
- Show Your Pride | Krystal Wilson of APRA Carolinas
- Research Pride! | Rissa Todd
- Letting Our #ResearchPride Shine | NEDRA